The Ancaster Old Township Hall was built in 1870, and stands today as one of the finest pieces of stone architecture in Ancaster.

The Hall was the centre of local politics for several decades, and also various exhibitions, such as the travelling Edison “magic phonograph” demonstration in 1878.

Today the Hall is retained by the City of Hamilton for its historic significance within the community, but it also remains functional, and can be utilized with its full kitchen and stage for many events, and with a capacity of up to 120 people.