What Are Your Favorite Ancaster Trails
Going for a hike through the Dundas Valley as a family is always an adventure. The kids play in the streams, make paper boats (out of recycled paper) to see how far they float, watch the bikers and horses go by. The hike usually ends with very muddy but happy children. I got thinking am I missing some of the other great trails Ancaster has to offer. I started to look up the Dundas Valley and found so many trails.
Below is just a short list of some of the trails. I am sure I missed a lot so please share with us your favorite Ancaster trails in the comment section below.
The Dundas Valley’s 40-kilometre trail system is open to hikers, dog-walkers, cyclists and equestrians. The Main Loop Trail is the primary trail.
Main Loop trail access’
- Heritage Trail
- Monarch trail
- Rail Trail
- Dundas Valley Trail Centre
- Headwater → Homestead Trail, Tom Beckett Trail
Dundas Trail Centre access’
- Main Loop
- McCormack Trail
- Sawmill Trail
- Rail Trail
- The Gatehouse (Sulphur Springs Rd. Ancaster)
- Dundas Valley Trail Centre (650 Governors Road, Dundas)
- Dundas Observation Parking Lot (Old Dundas Road)
- Spring Valley Park Trail (1.6km one way to Martin’s side road)
- Harvest Trail Loop (6km)
- Ancaster Lions Outdoor Pool (263 Jerseyville Road West, Ancaster)
- Ancaster Rotary Centre (385 Jerseyville Road West, Ancaster)