Ryan’s Rays – Fundraiser Dinner and Auction
Fundraiser Dinner and Auction
Thursday May 18, 2017
Carmen’s Banquet Centre
1520 Stonechurch Rd East, Hamilton, ON
Doors open at 6pm Dinner at 7 pm
About Ryan’s Rays:
Ryan’s Rays was created to honour the memory of Ryan Martz, a 7-year old boy from Ancaster, Ontario who passed away suddenly in March 2016. Ryan was diagnosed at birth with a rare congenital disorder yet despite his challenges, Ryan impacted all who met him through his bright blue eyes and contagious smile. Ryan’s family and friends want his rays to continue to shine and impact the world and thus Ryan’s Rays was created.
In partnership with Christian Horizons, Ryan’s Rays is currently raising money to improve Special Needs Education (SNE) in Ethiopia. Specifically, proceeds from the 2017 Dinner and Auction will be used to:
- Renovate, expand and properly equip the special needs wing of a school in Arsi Zone, Ethiopia thereby increasing the school’s capacity to enroll more children with disabilities.
- Hold panel discussions with leaders and parents in Ethiopia on the importance of SNE and the role of parents, leaders, educators and supervisors in facilitating and supporting this cause.
About Christian Horizons (www.christian-horizons.org):
Christian Horizons is a non-profit, faith-based charitable organization that operates more than 200 residences, serving nearly 2000 people with exceptional needs and their families in Ontario and Saskatchewan. Christian Horizons Global serves people living in exceptional circumstances in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Guatemala, Haiti and Nicaragua, including people with intellectual or physical disabilities, people affected by HIV/AIDS, children at risk who have been orphaned or abandoned and communities affected by extreme poverty.
How you can help:
- Donate an item or service. All donors will be acknowledged with their donated item /service. All donors will be listed in the Ryan’s Rays Fundraiser booklet distributed to all guests.
- Make a cash donation. A charitable tax receipt will be issued for any amount over $10.
- Purchase a ticket to our event. $75 each or $700 for a table of 10.