The Ancaster Library joined the Library System of Ontario in 1955. Moving several times over the next decade, the library arrived at its current location on Wilson Street in 1967 as a Centennial project. Completely renovated in 2006, the branch offers materials for children, teens and adults including books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, newspapers and more. Services include programming for adults, children and teens. Public Internet access computers include adult and children’s software applications.